Representing Clients Accused Of All Levels Of Assault
Have you been charged or do you believe you will be charged with an assault crime? Assault crimes in Minnesota are treated seriously by law enforcement and the courts. The facts of each assault-related incident are unique and require individualistic evaluation. Depending on the level of violent conduct alleged, you could be with an assault-related crime ranging from a misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor, or felony.
It is important that you fully understand your unique situation and your rights.
MGM Law Office is prepared to assist you in understanding the charges against you and your options. If you have or will be charged with an assault-related crime, you need someone who will fight for you. Contact MGM Law Office today for a free consultation at 612-474-5568 or submit an inquiry online here.
Understanding Assault-Related Charges
In the state of Minnesota, a person can be charged with the following assault-related offenses:
- Second-degree assault – a felony
- Third-degree assault – a felony
- Fourth-degree assault – a felony or gross misdemeanor
- Fifth-degree assault – a felony or gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor
- Domestic assault – a felony or gross misdemeanor or misdemeanor
- Terroristic threats (Threats of Violence) – a felony or gross misdemeanor